Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Smiths, Preacher Rob and Kaapsehoop

Here is a post I meant to do a while ago... as in when I actually took these pictures. BUT I never did...

Our evangelist friends the Smiths were visiting us with 2 other guys from the Porter's church near Witbank (they're BIMI missionaries too) this past March. Bro. Smith has 7 children, ages ranging from 17 to 3--I think. Anyway we have a lot of fun with these guys, and while they were here we got to take a trip to Kaapsehoop which is about 45 minutes away from White River.

Kaapsehoop is a very small town, but it is famous for the wild horses that roam the area. There are also many crafty people living there and several pancake restaurants.


Preacher Rob (one of the guys from the Porter's church) preached for our Wednesday night service that week.


Getting close to the "wild" horses. They came right up to us, we guessed it was probably because so many people feed them.





Bethany, me, Leah and Ashley



I liked this dog at the pancake restaurant we went to.... he was just chillin out underneath one of the tables :). And he was the neatest mix... looks like a spaniel mixed with a hound or something.



Here is a bowl I really wanted at the shop of a lady who makes pottery. There was another lady who hand made really beautiful jewelry.

No comments: